A selection of accessible videos relevant to climate research, with an eye on using the past to understand the present. Please contact us with suggestions.
Reconstructing Past Climates
1. The UK's Meteorological Office briefly explains: what is climate, and how does it differ from weather?
2. The UK'S Met Office with a brief video about climate change past and present:
3. BBC Video: "An Animated Journey through Earth's Climate History."
A quick guide to climate's past, present and future: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/in_depth/sci_tech/2009/copenhagen/8386319.stm
4. Decoding Antarctica's Climate History:
5. How Penguins can teach us about the history of Earth's climate:
6. Connecting Roman and Medieval Climate and Historical Change:
Understanding Global Warming
1. A short history of milestones in climate science:
2. An interesting angle on our understanding of past and future climates:
3. An important talk by Naomi Oreskes, author of Merchants of Doubt, that explores American attitudes towards global warming and climate change research:
4. Hot Planet?, a BBC documentary that explores what increases in temperature may mean for life on earth.
5. A Selective History of Sea Ice Observations: